Outpatient M-F 8:00am - 3:30pm
To make an appointment please
Services focus on patients of all ages who are experiencing limitations in function resulting from injury, disease, or other causes. Regaining function and relieving pain are our goals. Each patient receives personalized care by our skilled and friendly staff. We offer both inpatient and outpatient therapy.
Our Rehabilitation Services Department offers occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech language pathology services for inpatients and outpatients. We focus on patients who are experiencing limitations in function resulting from injury, disease, pain or other causes. Our goal is to help you achieve maximum independence through:
- Relearning activities needed for you to function at home, school, leisure and work
- Use of adaptive equipment
Each patient receives an evaluation and a personalized treatment plan developed with our skilled and caring staff.
Who may benefit from Rehabilitation Services?
Those in need of rehabilitation programs for conditions such as:
- Orthopedics (back and hand)
- Arthritis, including energy conservation and joint protection
- Total joint replacement
- Stroke, brain injury, Parkinson's, vestibular and other neurological conditions
- Amputation and prosthetic management
- Voice disorders
- Aphasia, dysarthria, articulation disorders
- Feeding and swallowing (dysphagia)
- Balance disorders
- Post-surgical deconditioning and weakness
Inpatient services are available 7 days per week while outpatient services are available Monday through Friday by appointment. Outpatient Services are offered Monday through Friday by appointment only.
All patients are required to have a written prescription from their physician including the diagnosis and services requested. Call the hospitals call center at 301-609-4413 to set up your initial evaluation. Follow the automated prompts to schedule Physical, Occupational or Speech therapy services and be sure to have your insurance card ready. On the day of your evaluation, arrive early at registration located on the ground floor, next to the Emergency Department.
Patients of all ages with physical, neurological, cognitive or psychosocial impairments are treated by Occupational Therapists to help them learn to perform skills that will improve their ability to function in their own environments.
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Neurological Re-education
- Training of activities of daily living
- Visual and Perceptual Training
- Therapeutic Exercise
Speech and Language Pathology
Individual consultations and evaluations assist patients with communication difficulties such as slurred speech, voice disorders, swallowing disorders, and delayed speech and language development.
- Neurogenic Communication disorders such as aphasia, dysarthria and apraxia
- Evaluations and treatment of swallowing disorders
- Voice clinic
- Reading and writing retraining
- Foreign accent modification
- Pediatric Speech and Language Therapy
Individualized programs to speed recovery time and get patients to optimum mobility and flexibility.
- Balance and Fall Prevention
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Gait Training
- Manual therapy
- Vestibular therapy
- Amputation and Prosthetic training